Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury
According to The Athletic's Kevin Kurz, San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton will out indefinitely after suffering an injury to his MCL on Tuesday night.
General manager Doug Wilson said that the team is awaiting MRI results but that they expected the 38-year-old to be out "several weeks." Thornton had undergone surgery this summer for a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee.
Through 47 games, Thornton has produced 13 goals and 36 points while averaging 10.7 FanDuel points in 18.3 minutes of ice time.
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Martin Jones gets the nod in goal for the Sharks on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Martin Jones starting in goal for the Sharks on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Martin Jones manning the crease for San Jose in Game 5 April 20th, 2017
- Martin Jones will defend the post for San Jose on Thursday April 6th, 2017
- Martin Jones will tend the twine for San Jose on Tuesday April 4th, 2017