Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent
The Kansas City Chiefs will not re-sign inside linebacker Derrick Johnson when the new league year begins.
Johnson's contract will void at the beginning of the new year, which means he'll become a free agent at the age of 35. He has played all 13 of his seasons in Kansas City and started 15-of-16 games in 2017. He'll be looking for a part-time role elsewhere this offseason.
In 15 games, Johnson produced 48 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble this season.
- Steelers making no 'attempts to move' Martavis Bryant February 23rd, 2018
- David Harris retires after 11 NFL seasons February 23rd, 2018
- Report: 'Stunner' if Dolphins don't trade Jarvis Landry February 23rd, 2018
- Rams likely to move on from Trumaine Johnson February 23rd, 2018
- Panthers could use franchise tag on Graham Gano February 22nd, 2018
- Seahawks unlikely to tag Sheldon Richardson February 22nd, 2018
- Chiefs reportedly finalizing deal to send Marcus Peters to Rams February 23rd, 2018
- Report: Marcus Peters 'may not be long' for Kansas City February 20th, 2018
- Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent February 13th, 2018
- Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City February 9th, 2018
- Chiefs expected to release Tamba Hali February 9th, 2018
- Redskins trade Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to Chiefs for Alex Smith January 30th, 2018