49ers' Brian Hoyer had quick trigger in Week 1
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brian Hoyer is the signal caller that was quickest at getting the ball out in Week 1, according to the Associated Press' Josh Dubow.
At 1.85 seconds per pass, Hoyer was the fastest to get rid of the ball in his Week 1 start against the Carolina Panthers. He was 0.19 seconds faster than the next-closest quarterback, Derek Carr (2.04 seconds per pass). This shouldn't come as a surprise given Hoyer's 4.2 adjusted yards per attempt, which ranks 26th of 31 eligible passers.
In Week 2's meeting with the Seattle Seahawks and their elite defense, don't expect anything better than Hoyer's Week 1 line (193 yards, 0 touchdowns and 1 interception). At $6,300, his projected output of 12.8 FanDuel points is the 4th-lowest among Sunday's starters.
- Browns' Duke Johnson: My job to make plays September 26th, 2017
- Mike Wallace promises improvement from Ravens versus Steelers September 26th, 2017
- Broncos' coach won't fault Trevor Siemian for trying to make plays September 26th, 2017
- Rams' Sean McVay: Sammy Watkins' ability to track balls is rare and elite September 26th, 2017
- Lions' Ameer Abdullah faces stiff test in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- Titans not ruling out Corey Davis (hamstring) for Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- 49ers' Carlos Hyde projects as a top-20 running back in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- 49ers' Brian Hoyer's production expected to take a dip in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- 49ers send Tank Carradine (ankle) to injured reserve September 25th, 2017
- George Kittle doesn't do much for 49ers in Thursday night shootout September 22nd, 2017
- Brian Hoyer rebounds for 49ers in Week 3 with 332 passing yards, 3 scores September 22nd, 2017
- Pierre Garcon turns 10 targets into 142 yards in 49ers' loss September 22nd, 2017