Dolphins' Jay Cutler could see 'fair share' of 1-on-1 opportunities
Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler figures to get a good amount of 1-on-1 matchups against the Los Angeles Chargers, according to the Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad.
Cutler's debut with the Dolphins was put on hold thanks to Hurricane Irma. Now, instead of the Tampa Buccaneers, the Chargers will be the first defense he faces this season, and that might be to his disadvantage. While the Dolphins have two very physically talented receivers in Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker, the Chargers boast a good one-two combo of their own at the corner position. So, as the Chargers look to get after Cutler and stuff the run, they could very well hold up against the quarterback's aggressive play style.
At a price of $6,900 for this week's road matchup, Cutler is projected for 202.6 yards, 1.18 touchdowns and 0.87 interceptions in his Miami debut. His Dolphins are 4.5-point favorites with an implied total of 24.75 points in Week 2.
- Browns' Duke Johnson: My job to make plays September 26th, 2017
- Mike Wallace promises improvement from Ravens versus Steelers September 26th, 2017
- Broncos' coach won't fault Trevor Siemian for trying to make plays September 26th, 2017
- 49ers' Carlos Hyde projects as a top-20 running back in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- Rams' Sean McVay: Sammy Watkins' ability to track balls is rare and elite September 26th, 2017
- Lions' Ameer Abdullah faces stiff test in Week 4 September 26th, 2017
- Adam Gase: Dolphins' offense was 'garbage' in Week 3 September 26th, 2017
- Jay Cutler with forgettable performance in Dolphins' Week 3 loss September 25th, 2017
- DeVante Parker scores a garbage time touchdown in Dolphins' Week 3 loss September 24th, 2017
- Jarvis Landry gets bottled up for 48 yards in Dolphins' embarrassing loss to the Jets September 24th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi a major bust as the Dolphins are upset by the Jets in Week 3 September 24th, 2017
- Dolphins' Jay Ajayi (knee) expected to play without limitations September 24th, 2017