Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter
The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal to receive a second-round draft pick along with forward Quincy Pondexter from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.
With the Bulls tanking and the Pelicans looking to free up their roster and some cap room, the deal is a win-win for both sides. Pondexter last saw NBA action in April of 2015 as he has missed the last two seasons with knee injuries. He is scheduled to make 3.8 million in 2017-18, the last year of a 4-year contract he signed with the Pels in 2014.
Pondexter has career averages of 5.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 18.1 minutes per game during his five-year NBA career.
- Timberwolves' Jimmy Butler (right knee) to receive an MRI on Saturday February 23rd, 2018
- Timberwolves' Jimmy Butler (right leg) helped off the court on Friday night February 23rd, 2018
- Patty Mills starting for the Spurs on Friday night February 23rd, 2018
- Wesley Johnson starting for the Clippers on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Aron Baynes (elbow) makes an early exit on Friday for Boston February 23rd, 2018
- Ricky Rubio (hip) is back in the Jazz's starting lineup on Friday February 23rd, 2018
- Paul Zipser (foot) doubtful for Bulls on Saturday February 23rd, 2018
- David Nwaba's career-high 21 points not enough as Bulls fall to 76ers February 23rd, 2018
- Bobby Portis leads contest with career-high 38 points off Bulls' bench February 23rd, 2018
- Paul Zipser (foot) will not return on Thursday for Chicago February 22nd, 2018
- Justin Holiday will be a healthy scratch on Thursday for Chicago February 22nd, 2018
- Justin Holiday will remain in Bulls' rotation on Thursday February 22nd, 2018