Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter
The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal to receive a second-round draft pick along with forward Quincy Pondexter from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.
With the Bulls tanking and the Pelicans looking to free up their roster and some cap room, the deal is a win-win for both sides. Pondexter last saw NBA action in April of 2015 as he has missed the last two seasons with knee injuries. He is scheduled to make 3.8 million in 2017-18, the last year of a 4-year contract he signed with the Pels in 2014.
Pondexter has career averages of 5.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 18.1 minutes per game during his five-year NBA career.
- Dwyane Wade expected to finalize deal with Cavaliers Wednesday September 26th, 2017
- Marcus Morris (personal) to miss the start of Celtics' training camp September 25th, 2017
- Bucks' Jabari Parker (knee) targeting a February return September 25th, 2017
- Thunder's Russell Westbrook insists his knee is 'fine' September 25th, 2017
- Zach LaVine (knee) will not be ready for Bulls' season opener September 25th, 2017
- Isaiah Thomas (hip) expected to debut for Cavaliers by January September 25th, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter August 31st, 2017
- Pelicans' Frank Jackson suffers broken right foot August 31st, 2017
- Knicks ask Carmelo Anthony to expand "wish list" August 10th, 2017
- Pelicans sign Ian Clark to one-year deal August 1st, 2017
- Celtics could make run at Pelicans' Anthony Davis July 18th, 2017