Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets
New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia "will probably get the majority of the saves," pitching coach Dave Eiland said at spring training on Wednesday.
New Mets manager Mickey Callaway had previously suggested the club would utilize a committee approach in the ninth inning, but it sounds like Familia is the man to own.
The 28-year-old right-hander recorded a 4.38 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 22.5 strikeout percentage, and 13.5 walk percentage while converting 6-of-7 saves across 24 2/3 innings.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Jason Vargas passes physical, new deal with Mets is official February 18th, 2018
- Mets reportedly agree to deal with Jason Vargas February 16th, 2018
- Jeurys Familia expected to get 'majority of saves' for Mets February 14th, 2018
- New York Mets sign Todd Frazier to 2-year/$17M deal February 5th, 2018
- Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal January 11th, 2018
- Juan Lagares not starting in Mets' season finale October 1st, 2017