Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants
San Francisco Giants outfielder Andrew McCutchen will play right field after being traded from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle's John Shea, manager Bruce Bochy announced his decision. Hunter Pence will move to left field with Gorkys Hernandez the candidate to start in center. The team's also looking at free agents Jarrod Dyson and Lorenzo Cain to possibly fill that spot.
In 9 years with the Pirates, McCutchen played the majority of his games in center. He did, however, slide to right field 13 times in 2017.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Dodgers' Austin Barnes dealing with elbow discomfort February 22nd, 2018
- Angels' Chris Young dealing with Grade 1 right calf strain February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates' Joe Musgrove experiencing shoulder discomfort February 19th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018