Jay Bruce back with Mets on three-year deal
According to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, free agent outfielder Jay Bruce has signed with the New York Mets on a three-year deal
Additional reports have the deal as a three-year, $39 million contract, pending a physical. Bruce will be due just $10 million in 2018 with $14.5 million per year over the last two seasons. The Mets are expected to ask him to play first base in addition to his usual corner outfield position. Bruce returns to New York after being traded from the Mets less than a year ago.
In 146 games across 2 teams, Bruce hit 36 home runs and ended the 2017 season with 101 RBI and a .350 wOBA.
- Mariners' Nelson Cruz dealing with lingering ankle pain April 20th, 2018
- Jeff Samardzija (pec) making his 2018 debut for the Giants on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Reds' Scott Schebler (elbow) activated off the DL on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Hunter Pence (thumb) placed on the 10-day DL by San Francisco April 20th, 2018
- Matt Joyce heads to the bench for Oakland against Boston April 20th, 2018
- Chad Pinder is in the Oakland lineup on Friday night April 20th, 2018
- Mets' Adrian Gonzalez out of the lineup against Atlanta April 20th, 2018
- Jose Lobaton out of the Mets' lineup on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Mets' Wilmer Flores in the lineup on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Yoenis Cespedes hits a grand slam as Mets handle Nationals April 19th, 2018
- Tomas Nido sitting as Mets close home set with Nationals April 18th, 2018
- Jose Lobaton behind the bag for Mets on Wednesday April 18th, 2018